A charity founded in 1956
Our purpose is
- To safeguard our priceless heritage of cathedral music and support a living tradition
- To increase public knowledge and appreciation of that heritage and tradition
- To encourage high standards in choral and organ music
- To raise money by subscriptions, donations and legacies for choirs in need
Since our foundation we have
- Given over £2 million to Anglican and Roman Catholic cathedral, church and collegiate chapel choirs in the UK and overseas
- Endowed many choristerships
- Worked to influence and maintain the cathedral tradition of choral worship
Benefits of membership include
- A welcome pack
- A free twice-yearly illustrated colour magazine, Cathedral Music
- A free twice-yearly newsletter, Cathedral Voice
- Meeting other members and enjoying cathedral music at local and national gatherings in cathedral cities
- Advance notice of future events
- Access to the Members' section of this website
How are we organised ?
- We have two Patrons: The Archbishop of Canterbury & The Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster
- A President and six Vice-Presidents
- A Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and various volunteer managers
- A governing Council
- A written Constitution
How do we raise money to support cathedral choirs?
Annual subscriptions from members
Sales of merchandise
How do we spend money in supporting choirs?
- See Grants section for details of grants given since the FCM began.