Oxford - University College
|Sunday||Choral Evensong 17.45|
Director of Music
Miss Kathryn Burningham (since )
This is a large mixed voice choir, including a number of Choral Scholars and 2 Organ Scholars, who have the day-to-day responsibilty for the choir.
The original Walker organ dates from 1865, but by 1955 needed to be completely rebuilt.
The Revd Dr Andrew Gregory (since )
The college was founded in the early 1200s by William of Durham. Its medieval buildings were gradually replaced in the 17th and 18th centuries, starting with the First Quad and the Radcliffe Quad. The Chapel building in the Front Quad was begun in 1640 and consecrated in 1666, with fine Van Linge's stained glass and Ante Chapel screen. In 1862 George Gilbert Scott designed a new roof in the Gothic style, a new East window and a stone reredos at the East End.
FCM at Oxford
FCM Diocesan Representative