Royal Patron: HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, GCVO
Our patrons are a blend of ex-choristers and prominent personalities who have made their name in professions as diverse as politics, comedy, theatre, media and finance as well as music.
- Alexander Armstrong*, comedian and TV presenter
- Simon Russell Beale*, actor
- Harry Christophers*, founder and conductor, The Sixteen
- Katie Derham, BBC Proms presenter
- Sir Roger Gifford, former Lord Mayor of London
- David Hill, conductor of the Bach Choir
- Rt Hon David Lammy MP*, former Minister
- Dame Felicity Lott*, soprano
- Richard Morrison, The Times chief music critic
- Roxanna Panufnik, composer
- Dr John Rutter, composer
- Dr Richard Seal*, founder of first girls cathedral choir (Salisbury)
- Jon Snow*, Channel 4 News presenter
- Judith Weir, Master of the Queen’s Music
Meet the team…
The Diamond Fund for Choristers is run by volunteers with the assistance of a part-time administrator.
Our volunteers report to the Council of the Friends of Cathedral Music and are represented on Council.
Maurice Kenwrick-Piercy is a former chorister at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, a retired civil servant, and member of FCM Council
Felicity Pattenden is a former chorister parent, singer, choir mistress, and retired teacher
Dr Jim Caughey is an organist and is retired from the Met Office
Jane Kemp is the Fund’s administrator.