Meet the DFC team
The Diamond Fund for Choristers is run by volunteers with the assistance of two part-time consultants.
Our volunteers report quarterly to the Chairman of the Friends of Cathedral Music and to the Executive Committee, and every six months they also report to Council.
- Maurice Kenwrick-Piercy is a former chorister at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, and a retired civil servant.
- Felicity Pattenden is a former chorister parent, singer, choir mistress, and retired teacher.
- Dr Jim Caughey is an organist and is retired from the Met Office.
Our two part-time consultants’ roles are funded by a major grant from the Linbury Trust and by the Friends of Cathedral Music
- Peter Kavanagh works as a marketing and fundraising consultant.
- Merial Eaton is a business support consultant and worked formerly at the Royal School of Church Music.
Our patrons are a blend of ex-choristers and prominent personalities who have made their name in professions as diverse as politics, comedy, theatre, media and finance as well as music.
- Alexander Armstrong*, comedian and TV presenter
- Simon Russell Beale*, actor
- Harry Christophers*, founder and conductor, The Sixteen
- Katie Derham, BBC Proms presenter
- Sir Roger Gifford, former Lord Mayor of London
- David Hill, conductor of the Bach Choir
- Rt Hon David Lammy MP*, former Minister
- Dame Felicity Lott*, soprano
- Richard Morrison, The Times chief music critic
- Roxanna Panufnik, composer
- Dr John Rutter, composer
- Dr Richard Seal*, founder of first girls cathedral choir (Salisbury)
- Jon Snow*, Channel 4 News presenter
- Judith Weir, Master of the Queen’s Music